Eldest daughter

a handwritten response to
@kaylinwrites poetry

Before:

After:

Comments

  1. Lisa,

    Eldest daughter here so this made me smile in recognition.

    Thanks for prompting me to look up Weir's poem.

    I love how your response adds a checklist and then rejects it. Love your ending with the image of a braid of daily moments "wrapped round the world." Beautiful.

    I'm also intrigued about The Art of Fighting which I saw on a recommended list earlier today. Sounds like something outside of my eldest daughter comfort zone. Perhaps a good reason to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started The Art of Fighting and can't recommend it enough. It's filled with stories that help our brains learn and understand, and also packed with tools (especially language) to help us walk away ready to know and do better in and for our world.

      Delete
  2. Eldest. ✅

    Really love the Priya Parker still life. And the visual "before" and "after." You conquered the blank page and the idea of lists as marching us toward limitation.

    Cheers to being "the steady kind."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Steph, to steadiness, especially in these days!

      Delete

Post a Comment