What would I be doing with the extra hour?

 

Scrabble 3-9-2024

What would I be doing with that extra hour?

  • Play a long game of Scrabble with my parents. No phones allowed! Just laughing about our terrible letters (mine are above) and remembering Scrabble games past. We remember particular Scrabble wins like others might reminisce about the World Series. Our family has a decades-long tradition of choosing a nom de plume for yourself - sometimes famous folks (Billy Joel! Julia Child!) and sometimes our old next door neighbor from the 1980s. Scrabble with them is a joy and last night, they both whooped me! (But my letters were terrible.)
  • Write a letter. I have a too-long list of folks I'd like to send a letter to, and a full box of beautiful cards and stationery. I keep thinking I'm the kind of person who gets up early on a Saturday, makes a cup of tea, lights a candle, and gets three meaningful notes sent off to friends, who cherish the old-fashioned surprise of snail mail. Perhaps this can be one of my retirement goals, but perhaps I don't have to wait that long. If I can Slice every day in March, perhaps I can set a monthly letter writing hour - starting small but building a habit. 
  • Sleep deeply. Oh, how I love deep sleep, when I'm not light-dreaming about my to-do list. If I could guarantee that good hard sleep, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
  • Cook a feast. I love reading recipes, and often incorporate what I learn into my regular rotation of one-pot meals (chili crunch for everyone!). If I had an extra hour, I might finally tackle some of the complicated recipes I've saved that require more chopping or several pans on the stove at the same time. 
  • Linger in a bookstore. Wait - I do this all the time. It's my favorite, favorite way to spend an hour on my own, and I wonder how many fellow Slicers would choose this, too.
What would YOU be doing with an extra hour?




Comments

  1. I LOST an hour today, so I find your post incredibly FUNNY and SAD at the same time! IF, instead of LOSING, I had only found that hour!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Arizona this weekend, where the time doesn't change, but tomorrow, I fly home to Ohio where the time DID change, and there is now a 3 hour time difference from AZ. I don't know if I'm winning or losing!

      Delete
  2. I used to write letters regularly, so clearly I could make this happen again. When my grandma died I didn't have anyone else who really wanted to correspond by letter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a few friends who would just love a letter - even if they didn't really "know" they wanted one. I promised myself I'd write one this week... I'll report out on Friday!

      Delete

Post a Comment