One Second - the App!

I have done something slightly more amazing than Slicing in 2019... no, it is not do 100 sit-ups every day (I wish!). But I'm using the App "One Second Everyday" to create a video diary of my year. Yes, I did steal this idea from my daughter, who is doing it for her senior year of high school. She is picking MUCH cooler things than I am to add, but here's how it works:

Everyday (get it?!), you need to take some pictures and video. It's OK if you only take it specifically for your diary, but most days, I try to capture of few seconds across the day. Then you use the app to upload "one second" (it's all coming together now, right?!) of footage. Then the app puts those seconds together, and you end up with a month (or a semester, or a year) of your life, in a movie format. (Good news -- as long as you capture the images, you can upload them on another day.)

Let me tell you -- it's SO MUCH FUN. I love watching my movie come together (I have watched it at least 10 times and we're only 70 days into the month). I can imagine using this app in a classroom, making it a class job to do some recording then picking the "second" to upload. It's amazing how it does capture life. I have so many moments with our new puppy, our new puppy + my kids, my kids. But also mixed in there is meeting Jason Reynolds, an incredible dessert, our MLK Day of Service, several shots with good friends, a few beautiful lattes and even one of my husband out to breakfast. Even though I can be a grouse about technology, I see the amazing ways it's a tool for creating joy, too. Maybe once April comes, we can shift our Slicing to Tuesdays and have a go at image-capturing our month, stretching new muscles. 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Definitely consider it, Robyn - it's awesome!

      Delete
  2. I really love the line about how technology can be a tool for joy too. I am absolutely going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as much as I do. JOY is the best!

      Delete
  3. It is like a mini slice of life. Checking it out, sounds like a great app.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. Thanks for passing it on. I am loading it as we speak. I love the idea of creating this kind of video diary. I also am loving the Slice posts that have pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think -- I have a friend who is only doing the weekends -- you can make it work however you want!

      Delete
  5. OMG! I love this idea... particularly for the potential it holds in tracking joy throughout the month. Thank you for recommending this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes -- I'm really only capturing joy right now, and it makes me so happy/grateful, every time I watch my "movie" grow.

      Delete
  6. I would love to see your second from your MLK Day of Service. There are so many possibilities for that day. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make a post about the MLK Day of Service -- this year, hundreds of people came together in our district. It's my pride & joy!

      Delete
  7. I'm emailing the link to this post to myself so I can give this a try after the SOLSC is over. This sounds incredibly up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it -- and I bet it will inspire some Slices!

      Delete
  8. I have seen people do this! It sounds so cool. I hope I will get to see it soon! I will check it out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment