Melting Emoji

 

Ode to Friday Night

While there is a stack of things I should do, and another of things I could do, I'm just barely able to keep my eyes open. Today was a day, and this week was a week, and next week is another week! What can I commit to doing, to prevent myself from melting?

1. Gratitude

Thank you to the amazing coaching team I work with - today's check-in call had laughs, reflections, and tangible progress on a to-do list. 

Thank you to the house guest who left me an amazing smelling candle (see 2, below), and wrote a note that made me feel appreciated.

Thank you to my husband for making a 7:15 dinner reservations for Mexican food, one of my favorites. I told him I need to be asleep by 9:00, and he gets it!

2. Weekend Care

Tomorrow, I'll be sleeping in (ahhhhhh), then attending a favorite event, a virtual professional learning, with a yummy chai tea latte and my gifted candle, plus some new pens (which always, always help me find joy).

I'm also planning to watch Origin, the movie adaptation of the book Caste by Isabel Wilkerson. It's been on my list for weeks, and I know it's going to be powerful and thought-provoking, and I'm anticipating I'll make connections to the webinars with Cornelius Minor and Steve Phillips I Sliced about yesterday.

3. Quiet

I am an extrovert who needs lots of recharging time - more and more these days. So I'm going to work on being quiet. Maybe play some Joni Mitchell and clean out of books that need new homes and papers that need scanning or recycling. I know that my quieting is a balm that soothes and settles me. So I will prioritize this need!

I hope you're weekend emoji is not the melting one, and that you've all got some tending to yourself ahead of you this weekend. 


Comments

  1. I've never really thought about the melting emoji, but it captures the Friday feeling well. I hope you love Origin. It was a powerful movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen this emoji until a principal friend used it yesterday, and I thought - PERFECT! (but also, let's disrupt this!)

      Delete

Post a Comment