Getting books into freezer bags (do others love these, too!)
for a college student working 1:1 with readers next week!

What almost got in the way of Slicing today?

* A late night return from a work trip that had me hitting snooze 2 times this morning, finally shaking myself out of bed when I remembered I had the fixings for a chai tea latte (sweet & warm motivation!)

* An 8:30 am advocacy Zoom filled with helpful information and good energy from colleagues across Ohio

* A full day of coaching conversations topped off with professional development with a favorite colleague that included 10 lovely, quiet minutes of picture book reading - all new books curated by a brilliant librarian

* A check-in with our dog sitter who is also a 1st year teacher filled with kid stories, curriculum ideas and hope about how wonderful our profession is

* An evening advocacy Zoom filled with helpful information and good energy from colleagues across the nation who believe in supporting kids' full, beautiful lives as readers

* Oh no, I promised to get materials together for a college student coming in over her spring break to support some of our struggling readers - what a wonderful thing, but I better get organized, so she feels supported and ready

* Goodness, it's my night to walk the dog, when it's drizzly and chilly and I already have my PJ pants on?  Out I go, taking my ear buds with me, to sneak in a check-in call with my mom

I almost made it up to bed.
I almost said, no need to write today, you were busy.

But I'm glad I squeezed out a few lines, and now, I'm off to read about your days, too!


Comments

  1. Glad you let us into the slice of your day in which you almost justified not writing, but didn't. Glad you made it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to get into the swing of daily writing. Now I know how the kids feel, too!

      Delete
  2. Me too! I almost just skipped today! Glad you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was quite the day! I'm amazed that you took the time to slice. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then, it was right to bed (after some reading & comment, that is!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment