I'm sneaking in a late night Slice the way I might slide out of bed, down to my quiet kitchen, slowly opening the cabinet where I hide the dark chocolate bars and breaking off a square or two; savoring each bite as I stand in my embarrassingly grungy pajamas in the almost-midnight quiet, finding solace in the sweet bit of alone time, convincing myself that there are the health benefits in each precious bite.

Chocolove is my favorite brand.
It comes with a love poem inside the wrapper - a kind of literacy lover's "golden ticket" in every bar.


Comments

  1. Hey, I slid downstairs for some tea and yogurt (and get my slice in too!).

    Great minds, I tell ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course, I was only going to post on 3 other Slicers, but got lured in by 4, then 5, then 6! The comments are SUCH a part of the experience. (But now: BED!)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, what a perfect little slice! I was right there with you, savoring the chocolate. (Also having the same experience you note in your reply to Darin's comment. I've been happily commenting away this morning and suddenly realized that I haven't even started writing my own slice. OOPS!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chocolate with the poems! I had forgotten. What a delight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment