I never thought I'd try Stitch Fix, but in a moment of weakness when the pandemic started, I treated myself to an order, and now, a brown box shows up once a quarter.

I really hate clothes shopping, so it was a pleasure to be at home (probably in PJ pants!) clicking "yes" "no" "no" "yes" on the visual survey to gauge my style, always adding my two cents in the comments: too frilly, too fussy, too flow-y, too form-fitting. Could this actually lead to success?

A box arrives, and the clothing is wrapped up carefully - like a my Stitch Fix shopper truly does want me to feel spoiled when I open the box, with five new clothing items nestled in perfectly, just for me. I break the seal and take a peek. Item 1, too fussy. Item 2, too form-fitting. Argh, I roll my eyes. Too good to be true, I knew it.

Item 3, hmmmm... interesting. A floral blouse. I think I wrote about note about wanting to try patterns. I move it to the side, and find Item 4, a soft blouse with a bit of structure, an amazing Aspen leaf pattern in several colors. Oh, I never would have chosen this, and it's the right size... is it even me?

I put my phone on speaker, then mute myself, letting the conference call move forward while I'm in wardrobe change. Yes, this blouse really is me. I'm a bit dumbstruck at how much I like it, and how perfect the timing is, too (wait, did I give Stitch Fix my calendar?!) - I've got a big (online) event next week, so this top could be just the confidence boost I need. I take the lovely new blouse off, find a "good" hanger and now it's waiting in my closet. I'm thrilled! Something new that will make me look a bit hip - not to frilly, fussy, flow-y or form-fitting. Best of all? It's going to look amazing with my PJ pants!






Comments

  1. Replies
    1. And trust me, I am PJ pants at least once a week :)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your own unboxing adventure and, echoing Amy, the ending is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The conference is next week, so I may commit to *clean* PJ pants that day!

      Delete
  3. Stitch Fix is amazing when they get it right, but I'm sure you will rock that blouse (with your amazing pajama pants).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did end up keeping two blouses AND a pair of pants. Two misses going right back, but it's SUPER not to be shopping myself!

      Delete
  4. I've always wanted to try this out, but I've been too lazy to do the research. Thanks for sharing your story and taking us through your selections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually kinda *fun* to get set-up, and the best is when you forget you have a package coming. I only do 4/year. So far, I'm glad for the joy it brings (and returns are super easy).

      Delete
  5. This post made me smile! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you could see my new blouse in person. Hopefully later this year, friend. A Chicago rendez-vous, perhaps???

      Delete
    2. Yes! Meeting in the city would be wonderful!

      Delete
    3. We may even have to meet in Hyde Park!

      Delete
  6. This whole piece made me smile and then chuckle. Love the ending especially, with all that alliteration: Something new that will make me look a bit hip - not to frilly, fussy, flow-y or form-fitting.

    Fun Slice!! XX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment