A wondering slice, using a stem (and flipping it)


How is it that my PJs are still on, and it's past 1:00 pm?

How is it that my to-do list is longer, rather than shorter, even though I've been to-do'ing for several hours this morning?

How is it that I can buy fruit and yogurt and granola, yet still choose the chocolate chip mini muffins for breakfast?

How is it that the sun can be out, so bright & strong, and the air is still so very cold?

How is is that there are so many amazing opportunities to lean in and to learn about improving our teaching, and so many students are still having such harmful experiences in school?

     FLIP

How is it that teaching this year is so hard, yet I work with such wonderful educators doing amazing things for readers and writers every day?

How is it that even on the coldest days, when the sun streams through our front window, a wonderfully perfect Sunday nap spot is created?

How is it that my son can be having a terrible stretch of studying, but a quick break of chocolate chip mini muffins and a yogurt parfait can help change the tide?

How is it that my to do list both makes me recognize how much I have to do and how much I have to be grateful for?

How is it that I berate myself for wearing my PJs pants all day, yet this can actually... be... a secret... shhhhhhh!


Best spot in the house on a sunny afternoon, like today


Comments