What is success, extended?

Yesterday, I wrote about personal success -- as a mom, wife and daughter/sister/sister-in-law. Today, I look at some of my other life roles and a reflect on...

What does success look like?*
  • As a friend: Creating small moments through our calls, texts, emails, and real life time together that help us build understanding of each other's hopes and dreams, so we can cheer each other and care for each other, adding big doses of energy-giving laughter along the way
  • As an instructional & leadership coach: Building knowledge, confidence and energy for reflection and for changing and growing practice and celebrating the work we do, recognizing its impact on students
  • As a community volunteer: Finding ways to build relationships that drive positive changes, especially impacting the lives of children and teens in meaningful, long-term ways
Now, to move from "writing it down" to "doing it well". Slicers, I need to print this out, sit down with a favorite pen and some lovely cardstock paper and write these goals down. Write them down and place them in a spot where they catch me eye. Catch my eye, slow down, and ask myself: What can I celebrate? Where can I grow? Celebrate and grow, taking deep breaths and moving forward into my success. Moving forward. Every day.


*inspired by a question at a superintendent search meeting

Comments

  1. Lovely to see you continue with setting intentions. It sounds you are ready to write your personal mission and vision and create an action plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these goals. It is important to define goals, clear measures, and deadlines to help move them forward. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Building knowledge, confidence and energy for reflection-- this spoke to me. Especially the energy part. We're all pulled in so many directions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are logging where the original idea came from in your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On another note, I really wish I could subscribe to your blog and get new posts in my email!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment