Everyone in This House Is Off Tonight

My normally kind and caring daughter won't play with the dog, despite it being her turn to be on Auggie duty; she keeps saying she needs to do homework, yet is playing Spotify (for all of us?!), changing songs every 90 seconds (driving me crazy!).

My son failed his last bio test. He has another test tomorrow and is super-stressed, but also, not ready to settle into studying. I want to help him get organized, but his aura is screaming "Leave me alone, crazy teacher-mom, I'm not in the mood!" so I'm giving him space... but also, hovering in my, well, crazy teacher-mom way. I know better: my job is to provide milk and cookies and keep my comments to myself.

My own chakra is off, too. I need glasses. It's too cold for March 5. My hair is so gray! I have a workshop tomorrow that I'm not ready for... I just need 20 minutes to get it finished, but I'm off exploring teaching videos or messing around with a new presentation template instead of putting my butt in a seat and wrapping it up. (By the way -- I don't really get the whole chakra thing, but in avoiding prepping for this workshop, I spent 12 minutes reading about it; what was I doing?!)

My husband is playing tennis... what does that say about the vibe in this house tonight? We need his calming energy.

So this grumpy Slice is only a list of all the ways the family is unbalanced tonight. I think I need to go give everyone a hug... and a cookie.








Comments

  1. Oh goodness! I can relate to this post! Thank you for your honest account of what every family goes through too many times to count. I blame this terrible weather! I laughed at your reference to "crazy teacher-mom". Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks--I needed this! I forget that I have these days and so do the people in my life, particularly when winter refuses to go away. I just keep telling myself spring will soon be here and the sun will be out longer and the temps will rise and it will all be okay. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do I ever get this tonight! Although in my house, I guess it´s just me being grumpy. No reason, really... had a decent teaching day, the sun was shining, no recess duty! When I got home, hubby had started putting up the new backsplash in the kitchen... looks awesome! I really have no reason to be cranky... or maybe it´s the fact that I STILL didn´t really have my lesson plans done for this week... (they´re mostly done now!), and I was feeling overwhelmed. Oh well, time to Slice, then off to try to stay awake long enough to watch last week´s Chicago Med, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something was off in the air! It is a new moon...:) Thanks for this slice of real life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment