Here it is, almost 9:00 pm, and I don't feel like writing tonight.
I'm sad about Dolly Parton dying, and spent an hour watching Steel Magnolias - all the scenes in Truvy's beauty salon, all the wisdom (and nonsense!) that was shared there. Thank you, Dolly, for being a bright steady light in the world. I especially appreciated Kahlil Greene's remembrance: Dolly Parton Was the Ally We Should All Strive to Be
I've got some work to do, but don't feel energized. The radio is off, the windows are open, and I can hear the crickets loud and clear.
Are they inviting me swing into productivity or sit still?
I think... if I listen carefully... it's sit still.
I could maybe sort through some books, or respond to a few texts.
There is laundry to do, and a package that needs me to find the right-sized box and an updated address.
I have a friend to call, a dinner to schedule, the Signal chat to catch-up on.
But the crickets are encouraging me to listen to them and slow down.
So I will drop this Slice here, then shut the laptop and silence the phone.
I will move even closer to that open window.
Take a few deep breaths.
Slow down my internal list-making and find the quiet, find the stillness that is oh-so close.
I was bothered as well. She was truly a god person.. I admired her especially with her reading program. She was selfless.
ReplyDelete