10 to 0 Back to School Countdown 2026

10 to 0 Back to School Countdown 2026

10 distracted minutes playing NY Times Scrabble-ish game Crossplay

9 more slides I need to finish, so why am I playing Crossplay?!

8 Responsive Classroom books packed for "independent reading" during my PD session coming up on Thursday

7 more minutes 'til I need to change the laundry to ensure my favorite blouse is ready

6 short story collections I need to skim-read before 8 am tomorrow

5 gift bags packed for new team leaders I'm working with on Friday

4 supportive texts to folks with "first days" tomorrow

3 anchor charts waiting to be made (and so much joy for a new pad of grid chart paper and brand new Mr. Sketch markers!)

2 different to-do lists keeping me organized

1 gallon Ziploc bag filled with fabulous road trip snacks

0 regrets for keeping my coaching and life-in-schools moving forward another year (and an acknowledgement that I'd usually be counting down 100 to 0 - things are definitely calmer for me, in the very best ways)

Comments

  1. This was fun the way you wove different time measures within one poem. I'm saving this idea for future reference. Have a great opening of school. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment