Things I Know Nothing About

 

Tonight at dinner, my husband announced that dangerous plastics are everywhere in our bodies, according to an article he saw online. So not only are plastics terrible for our Earth's health, but they are wreaking havoc with our health, too. He's creating a plan whereby we will be eliminating plastic from our home - food storage, personal care products, milk/chips/shredded cheese/salad in a bag - all being researched (by him), and I can expect an update in the coming days about the first round of changes we'll make. (We have already eliminated most plastic bags, but we do use my parents' newspaper bags for our pup's poop.)

I listened carefully and without judgement. Eliminating plastic from our lives sounds like a meaningful, life-changing aspiration that is good for Earth, too. But I know nothing about plastic alternatives and it completely overwhelms me. When I think of ALL THE THINGS we can be doing for our bodies, for Earth, is this the right priority? I don't know. Because, really, I just don't know. (However, my husband assured me that I'll be receiving an email from him, so more information is forthcoming.)

This got me thinking, as I sat down to Slice tonight - what are the other things I know nothing about? Well, this concept will make for an easy Slice...

I know nothing about

  • Creating a beautiful garden. I don't know what zone I live in, how to plan for blooming across a season, what is a weed & what is a plant. I will pull the thistles and overgrown dandelions, and I admit that I'm embarrassed by my front yard (except for a lone hydrangea, which I know to water regularly).
  • The NFL. I followed the Cleveland Browns in high school, because it was the cool thing to do, but now, I know no coaches or players, was not enraptured by Taylor Swift's romance, and while I gratefully associate that delicious parmesan-artichoke dip with watching football, my Sundays are game-free (and Monday nights, too).
  • Making sure my iPhone's photos are not taking up too much storage. I know my pictures are taking up too TOO much room, and if only I could or would xxxx! What is the xxxx I need to do??? I need a date with my son to tackle this conundrum, because unlike gardening, football or my plastic-free future, I have to bravely build some knowledge here or forever live an old operating system!
Thank you, husband, for taking on the plastic alternatives knowledge-building for our family, and thank you in advance, son, for the iPhone advice that awaits me. But gardening and NFL, you're likely to stay on this list. So sorry!

What are the things you know nothing about, and what might you do - or not do! - about it?


Comments

  1. Oooh, my list would be long. I love this idea of thinking about what we don't know. I hope to hear more about this plastic thing. I would love to do this in our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise a plastic update for the month ends!

      Delete

Post a Comment