Ode to My Trader Joe's Purchase


Oh, how I love the flower aisle at Trader Joe's! Here's an ode to my latest purchase, following a new format for me, a tricube (details below).


Red tulips

Bursting blooms

Signaling... 

                                                Spring is near!

                                                But you can

                                                Purchase now...

                                                                                                    So I do.    

                                                                                                    Why resist

                                                                                                    Red tulips?                                                                    


Inspired to write a tricube poem, thanks to this fellow Slicer -https://doodadsanddoodles.blog/2024/03/15/a-poem-in-hopes-of-warding-off-a-cold-day-15-solsc/

A tricube is a 3 stanza poem. Each stanza is 3 lines and each line has 3 syllables.

I wrote about tulips in 2021, too! https://sliceoflisa.blogspot.com/2021/03/ways-to-say-i-love-you.html


Comments

  1. How fun! I too have a deep love for the TJ's flower section. I learned that they are always local--at least in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to ask... I'm in Ohio, so clearly those tulips aren't local, but maybe in a few weeks, we'll get some local flowers. Oh, how TJ's flowers - sometimes just $3-4/bouquet - can brighten a room!

      Delete
  2. I love tulips. Your slice has reminded me I planted tulip bulbs from the Netherlands a couple years ago. I hope they bloom. I saw the first signs of green this morning. Thanks for reminding me about the Tricube. I think Denise Krebs introduced it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, how fun to have those bulbs! Here's hoping they bloom for you.

      Delete
  3. Love the format of your Tricube and how the first and second stanza lead into the next. Also like the ending of a question. I, too, would have bought those tulips. I can never resist a sign of Spring. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you inspired me to create a tricube poem today. I love the flowers at Trader Joe's too. And they are so reasonable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment