(I do love Maira Kalman's distinctive writing)

Some favorite things on a Friday
(a focus on actual items rather than people, pets & ideas)

  • A silver bracelet, a gift from a client, that has a sneaky message on the inside: "You're a badass." (Not meant to offend anyone!) It is like having a little superpower with me, a reminder that I can do hard things.
  • Riesen candy! Have you tried this chewy caramel surrounded by dark chocolate? They are individually wrapped in a substantive waxy paper, twisted closed, so opening them is multi-sensory, and 2 of these is an amazing treat that can make your day. I've been a long-time fan of Kisses, but these far surpass and let me tell you: You are worth the splurge!
  • My Anker 7-in-1 Adapter (a tech tool) fits in my hand, travels in my tech tool pouch always, and has saved me time and time again - not only helping me out with presentations, but serving as a back-up phone charger, too.
  • Trader Joe's greeting cards have a variety of designs (I love the bright ones), printed on lovely paper, are all the same size (so grab any envelope you like), and are 99 cents each. 99 cents! Pick up a few of their sympathy cards - that might seem like a strange recommendation, but the quotes are well-chosen to comfort.
  • Elena Aguilar's Bright Morning Podcast is a must listen for deepening my commitments to coaching, to equity, to building my skills as a human - yep, it's true; every episode, I walk away with new ideas for living a better live, not just improving my professional skills. 
What are a few of YOUR favorite things, the favorites you'd recommend to Slicers?

Comments

  1. Oh, what a fun post. I might have to add this to my to-do list for a Slice in March. But today, a few of my favorite things are my crochet hook and tiny thread snipping scissors, my purple-covered Kindle, my homemade journal, and my double-sided glass mug with my London fog latte in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU for sharing your list, Denise! I don't have a Kindle (yet!) but if I did, I think I'd want a purple-covered one! AND: a homemade journal - that is JOY!

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun post--I'm sure it's going to provide inspiration for many of us this month. Reading it immediately had me wondering about what things I might add to the list. I haven't tried Riesen candy, but you had me at caramel and dark chocolate. I'm also a big fan of the Bright Morning Podcast (and her books).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to Elena, and I could probably do a whole Slice on my favorite chocolates... hmmmm... adding to my brainstorm list, and please do treat yourself to Riesens soon!

      Delete
  3. Favorite things-what a good idea for the end of the week. You shared interesting items and I might just try some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, Carol, maybe this could be a trend: "Favorite Things Friday"!

      Delete
  4. Love this post! Favorite things is always a fun post to write. Right now I think my necklace that was a gift from my husband, my notebook and Sharpie pens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, *always* Sharpies, right??? Your comment makes me think I could Slice about the gifts that I cherish, too. Adding that idea to my prompts now...

      Delete
  5. I love the variety of things you've chosen to write about--from sentimental items to more mundane things, to non-tangible things. What a great model!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment