A "TGIF" writing prompt from multifacetedmusings, who posted this idea on her Slice today:
T - I’m trusting
G - I'm grateful for this week
I - What's inspiring me
F - Fun (and she changed to "practicing Faith")

I'm trusting that I can say "no" to work that does not feel aligned to my purpose and truth. As a coach consultant (ie, I get hired by districts and schools, nonprofits and universities), it is important to be collaborative and flexible, to work through challenges. And I recognize that my personal commitment to racial equity does not ebb when I'm working - in fact, it's a force in my literacy work (and what a privilege it is, to strive to bring my 'whole self' to work).

I'm grateful, oh so grateful, for the hugs I still get from my son. That my husband makes me laugh, is so patient with me, that he tends to our photo album. For my daughter becoming such a confident woman, working to make our world a better place.

I'm inspired by my parents' marriage. Tomorrow, they celebrate 56 years together. They have supported each other, cared for each other, and helped each grow, adapt, become strong. Such role models, these two! 

I'm practicing faith by taking on a leadership role in my church. Letting go of some education commitments to make room for this new work - but not jumping too crazily - taking time to listen and learn, ask questions, be respectful of our stories. I am a jumper, not a listener; it's my greatest asset and vulnerability, all at once. This role is a three-year promise, so I'm hoping to build knowledge over time and understand how faith might work in me.

I'm tired, and ready for rest, so extra grateful for the prompt, and making it to Friday, too.


Does anyone else give themselves a calendar reminder to Slice?


Comments

  1. What a perfect structure for a slice! Love it and all your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment