Eclipse Slice

Pre-totality from Cleveland Heights, Ohio, 4-8-2024
My son texted
"Put the glasses up to the camera lens"
And so I did as I was told.

This tiny sun is a huge star, blocked by a much much smaller moon that's in just the right place, at just the right time, to create this eclipse for us.

How incredible.

Just the right place.
Just the right time.

I'm holding onto those phrases to help me remember how important showing up is. Gotta show up for each of the days in order to find the miraculous ones, the magical ones, the ones that bring you to your knees with bigness and smallness tangling your heart.

Show up for work with joy and energy and hope for readers, writers, thinkers and the possibilities great teaching cultivates.

Show up for therapy, even though it makes me ache for hours afterward.

Show up for marriage in good times and bad, in sickness and health.

Show up at my Friday night dinner and prayer group to read, discuss and pray Black Liturgies

Showing up to the page, to write and revise, build big ideas from small moments and linger over the meaning, seek the meaning, share the meaning, even when it's
fuzzy
muddy
blurry
like a mom who doesn't know how to put her glasses up to the camera lens
who can't quite capture the moment
who puts her phone down
who realizes she just needs to show up.




The eclipse was so inspiring; I am certain it will inspire more journal entries & Slices.

Comments

  1. What a deep connection you have made here! It sure puts showing up into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh Anne - Slicing has helped me find a way/create a habit to show up as a writer :)

      Delete

Post a Comment