Tuesday by the numbers

Public service announcement: An EGG'WICH is not a breakfast sandwich

3 snoozes on the 6:00 am alarm

2 egg patties and 0 muffins in the frozen breakfast sandwiches I bought to make the morning easier - that was *not* easier! (Lesson: read the label more carefully)

16 students in the middle school class I taught; 16 slides in the presentation deck, too; and 16 precious minutes of debriefing with the teacher

1 amazing latte at a local coffee shop and 52 minutes of catching up with a new friend, dreaming up ways we might work together on justice-oriented projects

1 important conversation with a friend about an event he's planning - and lots of good back-and-forth as we lean in to some critical friend feedback

23 minutes of catching up with my mom - medical updates and empathetic listening

dozens of Slicing ideas in my notebook + 10 minute window to Slice = 1st TUESDAY SLICE EVER

Comments

  1. So glad you decided to write today! Love how you used numbers to share snippets of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your numbers do an amazing job of giving us a picture of your day. I love all the tiny stories each number holds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, @Natasha - I'm going to work on exploring those small stories more - #TuesdayGoals

      Delete
  3. The egg muffin without the muffin!! Sheesh. Tough start. "Egg'Wich"---sounds like it was good even without the muffin. Creative idea to tell the story of the day in numbers and to do it so artfully in 10 minutes! Hope your mom is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind note about my mom, Stephanie. And yes, it was good, but OMG: #MissingTheMuffin

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your first Tuesday slice. And good job doing it quickly. Clever idea with all the numbers. That is a funny "sandwich" with no muffin. It is a high protein breakfast, though. I hope next week we can read about the eclipse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence the egg-wich - and I've now told this story at least 5 times! YES to an eclipse post - I got it done :)

      Delete
  5. And you jumped the hardest hurdle! Congratulations. I was calmed with the 1 latte and 52 minutes chatting with a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to 1 latte and yes to those 52 minutes. Ahhhhhh....

      Delete
  6. Yay for a first Tuesday slice! And such a clever one too. I need to steal this idea for sure. Loved the cataloguing of the day by the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swiped this idea from a few years ago (and lost the source, unfortunately), but I know it's a great way for me to get ideas down on paper quickly.

      Delete

Post a Comment