Trying the yesterday-today-tomorrow structure, with thanks to all the Slicers who not only Slice, but share their thinking, so we can grow our repertoires.


Yesterday I borrowed a mandoline.
Today I'll buy potatoes.
Tomorrow: a cheesy au gratin side dish.

Yesterday I swung by the library.
Today I'm surrounded by choices.
Tomorrow, I'll drink chai tea and read.

Yesterday I called my brother.
Today I'll be eating potica!
Tomorrow I'll be dreaming of walnuts.

Yesterday a friend organized a gathering of brilliant women.
Today my gratitude still fills me.
Tomorrow I will hold them in my prayers.

Yesterday I heard an incredible sermon.
Today I'll reflect on those words.
Tomorrow I'll be praying for peace.

Yesterday the sun warmed us all day.
Today the rain is constant.
Tomorrow, it better not snow.

Yesterday I Sliced.
Today I Sliced.
Tomorrow, one more Slice for March.




Comments

  1. WOW!! I love the repetition and how the 3 lines work so well together. And a perfect last stanza! Thanks for modeling so well how to use this structure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally - it's a work in progress - I think I like the stanzas that are not all "I" statements much better, and with more work, they can be flipped. That's a "tomorrow" though!!!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this structure; and it seemed to lead to some gratitude for what is going on around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great way to look at this structure, Heidi - it does generate hope.

      Delete
  3. I love this structure but haven't used it in a long time! Thank you for the reminder

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment