Prep Slice Feb 2024

February 28: pre-Slice


Before I Slice, I'm getting ready.
A new writer's notebook, a few new pens, too.
So many helpful writing prompts. Poems I plan to lift a line of inspiration from.
A practice Slice here, to make sure I remember how to use Blogger, upload a photo.

But I'm also oh-so not ready.
I'm in a season that's heavier and harder than usual, using a lot of energy to bring positivity to my work life, and then feeling bluer, sloggy, unfocused in the evenings.
My writing muscles feel weak, unready for the workout of March, and I'm... I'm a bit afraid.
That I'll give up as soon as it's hard.
That my Slices will be wilted and stilted.
That supplies don't make the writer, they just fool folks into thinking you're gathering small moments or interesting words or phrases.

Yet, it's time to begin. The Leap Day creates a buffer, and I have a smidge more time to recite  my March mantra.
Breathe in: I am a writer.
Breathe out: I am a writer.
See you there, friends! 



















 

Comments