Three big wins!

Three big wins today, to kick-off 2019!

1. Workout at 9:00 am! With my husband, and before the kids were awake (#teenagers) - so no "mom time" missed.
2. Listened to Daniel Pink's New Year's Day podcast and picking up two very solid ideas to read up on in his book When:
* Every day, write down your MIT: Most Important Task. I'm going to try to do this prioritizing each morning, giving myself 60 seconds to reflect, and put a post-it on my computer to help remind me. Read more about it here, and I'll update on how it's going.
* Avoid checking email at your "peak time" -- but guess what? I have NO IDEA when my "peak time" is. So I'm going to take a chronotype quiz (I didn't even know what that was yesterday!), read this article from Inc. and think about ways to work smarter in 2019 (and probably pull out my copy of When, too!).
3. Downloaded the app 1 Second Everyday and got my January 1 entry of just "one second" finished -- hoping to create a video diary of my year. What do I do every day? I hope it will be a fun way for me to use tech and share with clients, as well. Imagining the possibilities for a classroom, a coach, a principal... and how fun to document the year that way (engaging kids in the process, too!).

OK, off to bed with a book, away from my phone and this laptop!

Comments