Goodbye/Welcome

Goodbye 2018.

2019, I welcome you with some commitments (not resolutions, but please don't make me explain myself, because you'd win the debate!).
  • Sleep more and no more phone in the bedroom.
  • A honeymoon (we've gone 25 years without one -- it's time). Send Ellie out into the world with positive energy.
  • Nurture David's talents as a producer, not just consumer of tech.
  • Be actively engaged in listening and working for light and love in my community.
  • Say thank you way more often.
And heeding Anne Lamott (who also said "Every writer you know writes really terrible first drafts, but they keep their butt in the chair."), write more.
"You're going to feel like hell if you wake up someday and you never wrote the stuff that is tugging on the sleeves of your heart: your stories, memories, visions and songs -- your truth, your version of things -- in your own voice. That's really all you have to offer us, and that's also why you were born."

Welcome, 2019 -- I'm here, I'm ready!

Comments