The "Right" Questions

What are the right questions to ask, right now?

* Do I come first, or does my marriage, or does our family? What entity gets that oxygen mask first, when we need a boost?
* How come it's so hard for me to find time to be quiet? Am I letting the noise of life seep into my quiet spaces or am I avoiding the quiet, because I'm afraid to think too deeply?
* What are my personal and professional "North Stars" to guide me in my journey? Where AM I going?
* Who is giving me energy and joy? Who is asking me hard questions but being patient as I work through answers? And who is zapping my energy and joy and preventing me from working through my answers?
* What am I waiting for? Can I begin now? Is the first step to ask some right questions?
-----

With props to this article about Better Brainstorming in the Harvard Business Review that another Slicer mentioned and the amazing folks at the Right Question Institute, who know that questions matter for our democracy.

Comments

  1. A slice of questions...that's so interesting. I LOVE this idea! My favorite question is about North Stars. You've got me thinking. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given me a lot to think about. Lately I have asked myself the question ... Who is giving me joy? Who is giving me energy? I have allowed myself to gravitate towards the friends, family and colleagues that give me energy! Thank you for giving me additional questions to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life questions! They come back at different times along our path of life. And they are so interwoven that finding the answer to one usually reveals answers to others. :) May you find the answers each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love questions...but these are really deep ones! What a reflective March you are going to have. I hope that your guiding light leads you to the answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asking the right questions is one of the best skills to have in life - it helps to solve problems, to determine what is most important, and to grow creativity. The list of questions you wrote gives a snapshot of your current inner life. A question leads to another until you know which ones you really want to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I really loved this post! the questions got my thinking a lot about my life - this set of questions in particular "How come it's so hard for me to find time to be quiet? Am I letting the noise of life seep into my quiet spaces or am I avoiding the quiet, because I'm afraid to think too deeply?"

    it is rarely quiet in my house, I usually fill the space with music or podcasts (sometimes TV) - what is so wrong about complete silence that makes me uncomfortable? thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment