goodbye files

For the second time this month, I've lost a huge batch of important files.
I hardly know what to do with myself this time.

Early in the month, while traveling, I lost the pouch with all of my thumb drives.
Tonight, I went to empty my trash, after putting a slew of pictures and videos I didn't need (and that were slowing down my computer) in the trash.
Turns out, somehow, a bunch of my desktop folder (not files -- folders, filled with files) were in my trash, too. Somehow, I put them there. I don't know how (I'm pretty darn good with tech, as a rule).

I'm so angry.
At myself and at technology.

I'm fuming with frustration... I can't even begin to think about the missing files.

I'm completely unproductive... my daughter came over to hug me, and I was so on-fire with my angry frustration that I couldn't even receive her hug. I want to scream!!! Then cry.

So... I'm Slicing (and I don't feel better... rats).
And going to bed with a book.
No more tech for me tonight.
Tomorrow will be better.

(First, I'm going to go hug my kid.)


Comments

  1. Oh no! I would be crying too! What a horrible way to end the day. I wish there was something I could say to help, but there just isn't. You are totally justified in your frustration. (I'm glad you hugged the kid, though. That is way more important.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - is right! So sorry to hear. I hope hugs and reading will make your sleep soundly tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done this a couple times too...I deleted a full flash key one time...full of presentations. I sometimes remember to back things up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment