15 minutes of family

Tonight, we had 15 minutes gathered 'round the table.
I'm late from a meeting.
Kids had tests today, and both were up too late.
Husband picks up Chipotle... does salsa counts as a vegetable?

How was your day?
Hey, what did you think of that conversation yesterday?
What's up with him, her, with this, that?
Let's celebrate a fun visit with friends, a test that's done, a favorite dinner (yes, salsa is definitely a vegetable).

The meal is over before we know it.
Back on computers, back on phones, out to a meeting.
Wash the dishes, quick laundry switch, who-needs-what for tomorrow?

I take those 15 minutes and tuck them in my heart.




Comments

  1. My absolute favorite line: "I take those 15 minutes and tuck them in my heart." All too often we are in a hurry, but I love how you reminded me that while we might be rushed, we can still tuck those minutes away and cherish them later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even 15 minutes is better than nothing. Chipotle is delicious and salsa is a vegetable and all is perfect for those 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment