On March 1, I'm going to join the Slice of Life challenge from Two Writing Teachers. As a long-time advocate for engaging, meaningful, joyful writing instruction, I'm thrilled: it's a chance to focus on my own stories and "have a go" at some of the skills I'm working on with teachers & students. As a full-time working mom who doesn't always rock stick-to-it-tiveness, I'm nervous, scared and worried, too. But this is the work of life -- jumping in and paddling as fast as I can, then trying to find a decent rhythm that keeps me from drowning. And maybe I'll even create a habit, by the time March 31 rolls around. Thanks, Two Writing Teachers, for your commitment to creating writers!

Comments

  1. Lisa,I love your can do attitude - your plans to jump in and paddle as fast as you can, your desire to find that rhythm that keeps you from drowning. Welcome to SOL writing challenge. I'm excited to see your first post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment